Trusting God should be the easiest thing to do because it takes the pressure off ourselves. Instead it turns out to be the most difficult thing to do because our human nature pulls us to want to take charge, to do things by ourselves. Should we trust God? Can we depend on Him completely? Can we entrust our lives and all we possess to His care?
Let’s look at 5 reasons why we should trust God.
- God’s unchanging nature. The Bible says in Hebrews 13:8 that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. He is always good, kind, compassionate, caring and in control. What He was, He is and He forever shall be. We can depend on Him because of this character about Him. Unlike man, God will not be one thing today and another tomorrow; and so because of this He can be trusted.
- God says TRUST HIM. God has told us over and over in His word that we should trust Him.
A few of my favourite verses about trust are these:
- Anyone who trusts in Him will never be disgraced. Romans 10:11
- Those who know Your name trust in You, for You Lord have never forsaken those who seek You. Psalm 9:10
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
These verses simply tell me that if God Almighty tells me to trust in Him, this is exactly what I need to do. He is confident in Himself as one who is trustworthy and therefore I have all the reason to believe Him.
- God has proven Himself to be faithful. Psalm 103:2 says Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. If you will take some time to reflect on all the good that God has done for you, you will see that indeed God is worthy of your trust. Take a look back on all the good God has done and given you, take time to be grateful. This will help you grow your trust in Him.
- God loves you. John 3;16 says, For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. In God we have a loving Father and friend. Knowing that God who controls all things loves us unconditionally, we can trust that He only wants and will do what is best for us. His plans for us are only good and He will work all things out for our very good. Believe that this loving God will work all things, good or bad in your favour. Let your heart rest in that knowledge.
- God sees the bigger picture. It’s easy to get caught up in our present circumstances and fail to look beyond them. When we are going through a difficult situation, it feels like things will never get better and then we take matters into our own hands. The fact is that God knows the end from the beginning for He is the Alpha and Omega, the Ancient of Days.
Choose today to take a bold step of faith to trust God to take care of your needs. He who created the Universe and sustains it can take care of you. Will you trust in Him completely? Choose one area of your life in which you will trust Him. Give Him a chance. He will prove Himself worthy.