As we reflect on the year 2021 come to an end and get ready to enter the new year 2022, I thought of some scriptures to meditate on over the next few weeks. I would like to share them with you and hopefully you can join me in meditating on them.
- Proverbs 16:3. Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.
As we make plans for 2022, we should not do it alone. We need not to. We need to consult with our Heavenly Father. Put your plans before Him and trust Him to make them come to pass.
- Isaiah 43:18-19. “Forget the former things;do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
As we end 2021, maybe you didn’t achieve all your goals, maybe things didn’t work out as you had hoped, maybe people let you down. Whatever may have gone wrong, leave the past behind. Do not dwell on it. Trust that God is working in your favour and that whatever lies ahead is better and God will be with you in and through it all. Let go of all the pain and disappointments on 2021.
- 1 Cor 6:19-20. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price, therefore honor God with your bodies.
This verse is very humbling for me. I love it because it reminds me that it is not up to me to decide the course of my life, that is for God. I belong to Him, He bought me with the blood of His Son and I freely gave myself to Him. Now I live my life according to His commands and not according to my own desires. As we enter 2022, humble yourself to submit to what God is directing you to do. You belong to Him. If you have accepted Him as Lord of your life, allow Him to direct the course of your life, He knows best anyway.
- Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Let go of any bitterness you have towards anyone this year. Do not carry any grudges into 2022. Human beings are bound to annoy, frustrate, irritate and disappoint us. It is a consequence of sin that can not be undone until Jesus returns. Forgive anyone that has caused you pain regardless of whether they have apologized or not and reward their evil with good.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight.
What are you believing God for? What promises has God made to you? It is likely that your present circumstances are only screaming IMPOSSIBLE!!! But what are we to do as believers? We can simply walk by faith in God and not by what we see with our physical eyes. We must believe that He who is in us is greater and that we can put our complete faith and confidence in Him as we enter 2022, that whatever good He has for us will indeed come to fruition.
I pray that these scriptures will encourage you as you end 2021 and enter 2022. Take sometime off with God and let Him speak to you about the direction for your life.